Friday 5 June 2015

I am a mum

I am a mum who drops everything to make jewellery for her children's friends when her child asks
I am a mum who declares 'DANCE BREAK' when it all gets a bit too much
I am a mum who bakes cakes without using a recipe and just hopes for the best
My children lick the bowl.
I am a mum who takes her children on walks , and trips and fun days out.
I make dates with my children , we need some one on one time, regularly.
I make nuggets from scratch and have banned all squash and worry endlessly about getting enough greens.

I am also a mum who shouts too much , drinks too much , cries too much . I don't like children, I adore mine.  I want to be accepted, by other mums, my own parents , my children. I don't , however, want to conform . I am a mum who looks around and wonders , how did this happen ? When did I become the grown up . I am a mum who married young and felt trapped. I am also a mum who left her marriage for another man and embarked on a new , dream, life. I am brave , I am scared , I love and I hate.

Does anyone ever get the balance right ? I cant decide if I want life to slow down , my children grow so quick , or speed up , so I can get some peace.

I need to accept that I am a mum but I am also me.

No comments:

Post a Comment